Amy Bieda, PhD, APRN, PNP-BC, NNP-BC
Assistant Professor in the School of Nursing;
Director, BSN Program; Director, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner program
- Extremely low birth weight infants
- Fluid and electrolytes in premature infants
- Nutrition and extremely low birth weight infants
- Adaptation to Extrauterine Life
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- BSN, University of Texas at Arlington; Arlington, Texas
- MSN, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- PhD, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- Bieda, A. (2017). Apnea of Prematurity. In J. Fitzpatrick, R. Hickman and C. Alfes, (Eds.), A Guide to Mastery in Clinical Nursing, New York: Springer.
- Bieda, A. (2017). Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. In J. Fitzpatrick, R. Hickman and C. Alfes, (Eds.), A Guide to Mastery in Clinical Nursing, New York: Springer.
- Distelhorst, L., Bieda, A. L., DiMarco, M. A., Tullai-McGuinness, S. (2016). Assessing Pediatric Nurses Knowledge about Chemical Flame Retardants. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 31(6), e333-e341. doi: 10.1016/j.pedn.2016.06.007.
- Blatz, M., Dowling, D. A., Underwood, P. W., Bieda, A. L., Graham, G. C. (2016). A Password-Protected Web Site for Mothers Expressing Milk for Their Preterm Infants. Advances in Neonatal Care, doi: 10.1097/ANC.0000000000000365 [Epub ahead of print].
- Toly, V. B, Musil, C. M., Bieda, A., Barnett, K., Dowling, D. A., Sattar, A. (2016). Neonates and Infants Discharged Home Dependent on Medical Technology: Characteristics and Outcomes. Advances in Neonatal Care, 16(5), 379-389. doi: 10.1097/ANC.0000000000000314
- Bieda, A., Dowling, D. & Winkelman, C. (2009). Using Sterile Water Feeds for Hypernatremia in Extremely Low Birth Weight Infants. Advances in Neonatal Care, Vol. 9, (5).
Accreditations and Awards
- 2013. Dean’s Legacy Award, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2013. Clinical Excellence Award, Advanced Practice Nursing, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2003. Neonatal Nurse Practitioner National Credentialing Center, Chicago, IL
- 1991. Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, American Nurse Credentialing Center, American Nurses Association, Washington, DC