Marguerite (Peg) DiMarco, PhD, RN, CPNP, FAAN
Associate Professor in the School of Nursing
- Oral health of children, especially poor and homeless children
- Other health conditions of children, such as growth and development, mental health, and obesity
- Health disparities
- Lotus M. & DiMarco, M. (2017- 2020) Co-director. Partners in Health: Comprehensive Lead Screening for Cleveland’s Children Ages 3-5. Prentiss Foundation. Funded: $300,000.
- Co-Investigator: Improving Oral Health of Poor and Low Income Pregnant Women, Mothers, and Children Up to Five Years Old: A Pilot Intervention at Urban and Rural WIC Program Sites in Northeastern Ohio. Kellogg
- All levels of pediatrics
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Acute Care program
- BSN, Ohio State University
- MSN, University of Akron
- PhD, Case Western Reserve University
- DiMarco, M. A., Fitzgerald, K., Taylor, E., Marino, D., Huff, M. (2016). Improving Oral Health of Young Children: An Interprofessional Demonstration Project. Pediatric Dental Care, 1:113. doi:10.4172/pdc.1000113
- Rosciano, A. M., Lindell, D. F., Bryer, J., DiMarco, M. A. (2016). Nurse Practitioners’ Use of Intuition. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 12(8), 560–565.
- Distelhorst, L., Bieda, A. L., DiMarco, M. A., Tullai-McGuinness, S. (2016). Assessing Pediatric Nurses Knowledge about Chemical Flame Retardants. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 31(6), e333-e341. doi: 10.1016/j.pedn.2016.06.007.
- DiMarco, M. A., Huff, M, Biordi, D, Marino D, Taylor E, Stempfel, S, …Murrock, C. (2015). Oral Health Education for Low-Income Pregnant Women; Findings of a Pilot Study. Journal of Dental Applications, 2(3), 190-195.
- Biordi, D. L., Heitzer, M., Mundy, E., DiMarco, M. A., Thacker, S., Taylor, E., …Fitzgerald, K. (2015). Improving access and provision of preventive oral health care for very young, poor, and low-income children through a new interdisciplinary partnership. American Journal of Public Health, 105 (Suppl 2), e23-9. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2014.302486.
- Norris, DiMarco, Thacker (2013) Open Wide: Tips for Performing Oral Health Screening on Young Children during Fluoride Varnish Application, Nurse Practitioner.
- Chiu, DiMarco, & Prokop (2012) Childhood obesity and dental caries in homeless children. Journal of Pediatric Health Care: accepted for publication- in press-available online
- DiMarco, M., Ludington, S., Menke, E. (2010) Access/Utilization of Dental Care by Homeless Children.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 21, 67-81.
- Chiu, S.H. & DiMarco, M. (2010). A pilot study comparing two developmental screening tools for use with homeless children.Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 24, 73-80.
- DiMarco, M. (2009) Tooth Talk- Teaching your child proper “mouth” care will lead to better overall health. NAPNAP’s Ready, Set, Grow. Spring 2009.
- DiMarco, M. & Melnk, B. (2009) Mental Health Needs of Children and Adolescents. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 24, (4), 334-36.
- DiMarco, M., Huff, M., Kinion, E., & Kendra, M.A. (2009).The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner’s Role in Reducing Oral health disparities in homeless children. Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 23:109-116.
- DiMarco, M. (2008) No More Cavities: Brushing, flossing, gumcare and diet affect teeth for life. NAPNAP’s Journal for Parents: Ready, Set, Grow (Formally Health Matters). September 2008 Edition.