Marguerite (Peg) DiMarco, PhD, RN, CPNP, FAAN
Associate Professor in the School of Nursing
- Oral health of children, especially poor and homeless children
- Other health conditions of children, such as growth and development, mental health, and obesity
- Health disparities
- Co-Investigator: Improving Oral Health of Poor and Low Income Pregnant Women, Mothers, and Children Up to Five Years Old: A Pilot Intervention at Urban and Rural WIC Program Sites in Northeastern Ohio. Kellogg
- All levels of pediatrics
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Acute Care program
- BSN, Ohio State University
- MSN, University of Akron
- PhD, Case Western Reserve University
- Norris, DiMarco, Thacker (2013) Open Wide: Tips for Performing Oral Health Screening on Young Children during Fluoride Varnish Application, Nurse Practitioner.
- Chiu, DiMarco, & Prokop (2012) Childhood obesity and dental caries in homeless children. Journal of Pediatric Health Care: accepted for publication- in press-available online
- DiMarco, M., Ludington, S., Menke, E. (2010) Access/Utilization of Dental Care by Homeless Children.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 21, 67-81.
- Chiu, S.H. & DiMarco, M. (2010). A pilot study comparing two developmental screening tools for use with homeless children.Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 24, 73-80.
- DiMarco, M. (2009) Tooth Talk- Teaching your child proper “mouth” care will lead to better overall health. NAPNAP’s Ready, Set, Grow. Spring 2009.
- DiMarco, M. & Melnk, B. (2009) Mental Health Needs of Children and Adolescents. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 24, (4), 334-36.
- DiMarco, M., Huff, M., Kinion, E., & Kendra, M.A. (2009).The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner’s Role in Reducing Oral health disparities in homeless children. Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 23:109-116.
- DiMarco, M. (2008) No More Cavities: Brushing, flossing, gumcare and diet affect teeth for life. NAPNAP’s Journal for Parents: Ready, Set, Grow (Formally Health Matters). September 2008 Edition.