Donna Dowling, PhD, RN
Professor in the School of Nursing
- Alternative Feeding Methods for Pre-Term Infants
- Factors that Impact Breast Feeding Initiation and Duration for Pre-Term Infants
- Pre-Term Infant Nutrition
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Principal Investigator, "Cup Feeding for Preterm Infants: Mechanics of Safety," National Association of Neonatal Nurses.
- Principal Investigator, "African-American Low Birth Weight Infants Need Their Mothers’ Milk." NINR.
- Principal Investigator, "Mothers’ Experiences Expressing Breast Milk For Their Preterm Infants," Case Western Reserve University, Research Initiative Grant 2009, $10,000.00.
- Case Western Reserve University, "Pilot Test of An Intervention Aimed at Improving Adherence to SIDS Risk Reduction Recommendations by Mothers of Preterm Infants", 2014, $500.00.
- Program Director, "Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Advanced Education Program," Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health Professions, HP-00263-01, 2001-2004.
- Program Director, "Center for Excellence in Population-Based Pediatric Nursing," Maternal Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration, MCJ-399703, 1998-2002.
- Core Faculty, "Childbearing, Childrearing, Caregiving Research Training," May Wykle, National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, T32 NR07108, 1999-2005.
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Pediatric Critical Care Nursing
- Diploma, Nursing, Genesee Hospital School of Nursing, Rochester, NY
- BSN, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- MSN, Pediatric Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- PhD, Nursing Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Toly, V. B., Musil, C. M., Beida, A., Barnett, K., Dowling, D., & Sattar, A. (in press). Neonates and infants discharged home dependent on medical technology: Characteristics and outcomes. Advances in Neonatal Care.
- Hlabse, M., Dowling, D., Lindell, D., Underwood, P., & Barsman, S. (2014). Supports and barriers to successful progression in a DNP program: Students’ Perspectives. Nurse Educator. Epub ahead of print, February, 2016.