Donna Dowling, PhD, RN
Professor in the School of Nursing
- Alternative Feeding Methods for Pre-Term Infants
- Factors that Impact Breast Feeding Initiation and Duration for Pre-Term Infants
- Pre-Term Infant Nutrition
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Principal Investigator, "Cup Feeding for Preterm Infants: Mechanics of Safety," National Association of Neonatal Nurses.
- Principal Investigator, "African-American Low Birth Weight Infants Need Their Mothers’ Milk." NINR.
- Principal Investigator, "Mothers’ Experiences Expressing Breast Milk For Their Preterm Infants," Case Western Reserve University, Research Initiative Grant 2009, $10,000.00.
- Case Western Reserve University, "Pilot Test of An Intervention Aimed at Improving Adherence to SIDS Risk Reduction Recommendations by Mothers of Preterm Infants", 2014, $500.00.
- Program Director, "Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Advanced Education Program," Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health Professions, HP-00263-01, 2001-2004.
- Program Director, "Center for Excellence in Population-Based Pediatric Nursing," Maternal Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration, MCJ-399703, 1998-2002.
- Core Faculty, "Childbearing, Childrearing, Caregiving Research Training," May Wykle, National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, T32 NR07108, 1999-2005.
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Pediatric Critical Care Nursing
- Diploma, Nursing, Genesee Hospital School of Nursing, Rochester, NY
- BSN, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- MSN, Pediatric Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- PhD, Nursing Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Toly, V. B., Musil, C. M., Beida, A., Barnett, K., Dowling, D., & Sattar, A. (2016). Neonates and infants discharged home dependent on medical technology: Characteristics and outcomes. Advances in Neonatal Care.
Damato, E. G., Haas, M. C., Czeck, P., Dowling, D. A., Barsman, S. G. (2016). Safe Sleep Infant Care Practices Reported by Mothers of Twins. Advances in Neonatal Care, doi: 10.1097/ANC.0000000000000332 [Epub ahead of print].
- Hlabse, M., Dowling, D., Lindell, D., Underwood, P., & Barsman, S. (2014). Supports and barriers to successful progression in a DNP program: Students’ Perspectives. Nurse Educator. Epub ahead of print, February, 2016.