Faye Gary, EdD, RN, FAAN
The Medical Mutual of Ohio Kent W. Clapp Chair & Professor of Nursing
- Prevention of Mental Health Problems
- High Risk Behaviors
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity in Children
- Depression in African-Americans
- Homeless & Runaway Youth
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
- Child/Adolescent Focus
- Child/Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing
- Community Mental Health; Advocacy
- BS, Nursing/Sociology, Florida A & M University, Tallahassee, FL
- MS, Psychiatric Nursing (Child and Adolescent) and Anthropology, Saint Xavier College, Chicago, IL
- EdD, Special Education and Anthropology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Fellow, Academic Administration, American Council on Education, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Fellow, National Leadership Fellowship, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Battle Creek, MI
- Gary, F. A., Rui, L., Hui, Z., Zhang, A. Y., Killion, C. M. (2016). Social Support and Self-Coping of Depressed African American Cancer Patents. Journal of the National Black Nurses Association, 27(2), 41-49.
- Campbell, D. W., Campbell, J. C., Yarandi, H. N., O’Connor, A. L., Dollar, E., Killion, C. M., Sloand, E., Callwood, G. B., Cesar, N. M., Gary, F. A. (2016). Violence and Abuse of Internally Displaced Women Survivors of the 2010 Haiti Earthquake. International Journal of Public Health, 61(8), 981-992. doi: 10.1007/s00038-016-0895-8.
- Kalinyak, C., Gary, F., Killion, C., Suresky, M.J., (2016). Transition-Aged Youths With Dual Diagnoses. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, Volume 54 · Issue 3: 48-51. DOI: 10.3928/02793695-20160219-08.
- Gary, F. A., Hanuschock, R., & Conic, R. (2015). Co-occurring substance misuse and psychiatric syndromes. In K. Tusaie & J. Fitzpatrick (Eds.), Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing: Integrating Psychotherapy, Pharmacotherapy and Complementary and Alternative Approaches (pp. 432-467). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Zhang, A. Y., Gary, F. A., & Zhu, H. (2015). Exploration of depressive symptoms in African American cancer patients. Journal of Mental Health, 24(6):351-6. doi:10.3109/09638237.2014.998806. Retrieved from http://informahealthcare.com/eprint/eZne6BHJkeuYsdcAy86r/full
- Zhang, A. Y., Gary, F. A., & Zhu, H. (2015). Attitudes toward cancer and implications for mental health outcome in African-American cancer patients. Journal of Cancer Education, 30(1), 138.144. doi: 10.1007/s13187-014-0704-0.
- Gary, F. A. (2015). Focus groups. In M. J. Smith, R. Carpenter, & J. J. Fitzpatrick (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Nursing Education(pp. 155-157). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Bussing, R., Gary, F. A. (2011). In S. Evans & B. Hoza (Ed.),Assessing and treating Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Culturally Diverse Populations In S. Evans & B. Hoza (Eds.), Treating Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (pp. 20-1-18). Kingston, NJ: Civic Research Institute.
- Zhang, A. Y., Gary, F. A. (2011). Discord of Measurements in Assessing Depression among African Americans with Cancer Diagnoses. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health, in print, 1-14. DOI:10.1080/17542863.2011.623042. www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17542863.2011.623042
- Koro-Ljungberg, M., Bussing, R., Wilder, J., Gary, F. A. (2011). Role of communication in the context of educating children with ADHD: Parents’ and teachers’ perspectives. Journal of School Public Relations, 32(1), 41-75.