Patricia A. Higgins, RN, PhD, FGSA
Associate Professor; Researcher, VISN 10 Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC): Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Adult Failure to Thrive
- Long-Term Ventilator Patients
- Philosophic Inquiry
- Co-Investigator, " Methodology issues in a tailored light treatment for persons with dementia" 1R01AG034157-01A2. M. Figueiro, PI. Site PI for clinical cohort, 2010-2014.
- Co-Investigator, “Predictors of Immunologic Failure in Older Adults,” VHA Merit Award. D. Canaday, PI, 2009-2012.
- Co-Investigator, “Center of Excellence to Build the Science of Self-Management: A Systems Approach,” NINR, 1P30NR010676. S Moore, PI. 2007-2012.
- Principal Investigator, "Adult Failure to Thrive in Long-Term Ventilator Patients," National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health. RO1 NR05005-01A2, 2001-2005.
- Co-Chair of the Evaluation Core, “Case/Cleveland Clinic Clinical and Translational Science Award,” Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award (U54). National Center for Research Resources (NCRR-NIH), RFA-RM-07-002. P. Davis, PI & R Rudick, Co-I. 2007-2012.
- Core Faculty, “Multiple Morbidities in Vulnerable Populations: Nurse Scientist Training.” National Institutes of Health, Shirley Moore, Principal Investigator. 2006-2011.
- Core Faculty, “GAANN Fellowships to Prepare Nurse Scientists as Educators.” U.S. Department of Education, Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need program, J.A. Zauszniewski, Program Director, 2006-2009.
- Core Faculty, "Geriatric Investment Program," Beverly Roberts, Program Director, John A. Hartford Foundation, 2001-2004.
- Member, Evaluation Team, "Academic Careers in Engineering and Science (ACES)." Advance Institutional Transformation Award, NSF, Lynn Singer, Principal Investigator, 2003-2008.
- Epistemology and Philosophy of Science
- Complexity Science
- MSN, Community Health Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- PhD, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH