Irena L. Kenneley, PhD, RN, CNE, CIC, FAPIC
Associate Professor; Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Antibiotic Resistance in the Community and Infection Control
- Prevention in the Home Healthcare Environment and Across the Continuum of Care
- Prevention of Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- Principal Investigator: Infection Control and Prevention in Home Healthcare: The Infamous Nurses’ Bag, 2007.
- Co-Investigator, "Infection Control and Wound Care Supplies in the Home Healthcare Environment," Elizabeth Madigan, Principal Investigator, 2004.
- MSN/Infection Control Specialty
- Community Health Nursing Program
- Clinical Coordinator, Infection Control
- Undergraduate Microbiology; the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Infection Control and Epidemiology of Infectious Disease; Microbiology
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing Education
- Educational Background
- AD, Nursing, Lakeland Community College, Mentor, OH
- BS, Lake Erie College, Painesville, OH
- MSN, Community Health Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- PhD, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Kenneley, I. (2015). Active Learning. In M. J. Smith, R. D. Carpenter, & J. J. Fitzpatrick (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Nursing Education (pp. 25-27). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Kenneley, I. (2015). Certification Study Guide: Preparing for the Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) Exam, 6th Edition. Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology.
- Kenneley, I. (2015). Learner Centered. In M. J. Smith, R. D. Carpenter, J. J. Fitzpatrick (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Nursing Education (pp. 209-211). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Madigan, E. A., & Kenneley, I. (2015). Barriers and Facilitators to provision of Influenza and Pneumococcal Vaccine in Home Health Care Agencies. Home Health Care Management and Practice, 27(1), 13-17. DOI: 10.1177/1084822314530993. Retrieved from http://hhc.sagepub.com/content/27/1/13.full.pdf
- Carney Moore, J. M., Dolansky, M., Hudak, C. A., & Kenneley, I. (2015). Care Coordination Between Convenient Care Clinics and Healthcare Homes. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 27(5), 262-9. doi: 10.1002/2327-6924.12167.
- Kenneley, I., Borton, D., Lopez, C., Brinsko, V., McBride, P. J., Walker, B. W., Gilmore, G. K., B, (Contributors and Consultants), H. C. (2011). In Wolter Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (Ed.),Lippincott’s Guide to Infectious Diseases. Philadelphia: PA.
- Kenneley, I. (2011). Stopping HAIs at their source. The Nurse Practitioner, 36(9), 47-51.