Cheryl M. Killion, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Housing Instability and Health
- Health Disparities
- Self-Management among African-Americans
- Principal Investigator, “Social and Environmental Barriers to Health for African American Families Residing in Public Housing,” National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities, 2002-2005.
- Principal Investigator, “Complementary and Alternative Healing Practices among Elderly, Urban-Dwelling African Americans,” Research Infrastructure Grant, 2006-2007.
- Cultural Aspects of Health
- Family Health
- Qualitative Research Methodology
- B.S., Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
- M.S. Maternal Child Nursing, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- M.A. Anthropology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Ph.D. Anthropology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Kalinyak, C., Gary, F., Killion, C., Suresky, M.J., (2016). Transition-Aged Youths With Dual Diagnoses. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, Volume 54 · Issue 3: 48-51. DOI: 10.3928/02793695-20160219-08.
- Gary, F. A., Rui, L., Hui, Z., Zhang, A. Y., Killion, C. M. (2016). Social Support and Self-Coping of Depressed African American Cancer Patents. Journal of the National Black Nurses Association, 27(2), 41-49.
- Campbell, D. W., Campbell, J. C., Yarandi, H. N., O’Connor, A. L., Dollar, E., Killion, C. M., Sloand, E., Callwood, G. B., Cesar, N. M., Gary, F. A. (2016). Violence and Abuse of Internally Displaced Women Survivors of the 2010 Haiti Earthquake. International Journal of Public Health, 61(8), 981-992. doi: 10.1007/s00038-016-0895-8.
- Conn, V. S., Jefferson, U., Cohen, M. Z., Anderson, C. M., Killion, C. M., Fahrenwald, N. L., Benefield, L. E., Titler, M., Topp, R., Smith, C. E., Loya, J. (2016). Strategies to Build Authorship Competence among PhD Students. Western Journal of Nursing Research, doi: 0193945916651588. [Epub ahead of print].
- Hannan, M., Hotz, R., Killion, C. M., Totten, V., & Gary, F. A. (2015). Young victims telling their stories of sexual abuse in the emergency department. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 36(12), 944-52. doi: 10.3109/01612840.2015.1063026.
- Hassan, M., Killion, C. M., Lewin, L. C., Totten, V., & Gary, F. A. (2015). Families’ and victims’ characteristics influencing child sexual abuse. Journal of Trauma & Treatment, S4(023), doi: 10.4172/2167-1222.S4-023.
- Killion, C. M., Gallagher-Lepak, S., & Reilly, J. (2015). Are Virtual Classrooms Colorblind? Journal of Professional Nursing, 31(5), 407-15.
- Hannan, M., Killion, C. M., Lewin, L. C., Totten, V., & Gary, F. A. (2015). Gender-related sexual abuse experiences reported by children who were examined in an emergency department. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 29(2), 148-154. doi: 10.1016/j.apnu.2015.01.006.
- Hannan, M., Killion, C. M., Lewin, L. C., Totten, V., & Gary, F. A. (2015). Patterns of sexual abuse among children: Victims’ and perpetrators’ characteristics. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment, & Trauma, 24(4), 400-418. doi: 10.1080/10926771.2015.1022289.
- Bates, M. D., Quinn Griffin, M. T., Killion, C. M., Fitzpatrick, J. J. (2011). African American males’ knowledge and attitudes toward genetic testing and willingness to participate in genetic testing: A pilot study. Journal of National Black Nurses' Association, 22(1), 1-7.
- Killion, C. M., Reilly, J., Gallagher-Lepak, S. (2011). Becoming an onliner: Students’ perceptions of moving from traditional to virtual learning. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics(28), 1-10.