Deborah Lindell, DNP, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF
Associate Professor in the School of Nursing
Visiting Faculty, Wuhan University School of Health Science
- Critical Thinking
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Interprofessional Education
- Qualitative Methods
Research Projects (current)
- Impact of Academic Nurse Educator Certification on Personal, Professional, and Program Outcomes (national study)
- How do Expert Faculty Teach Critical Thinking? (Qualitative Study)
- Nursing Theory (Masters and DNP)
- Advancing Nursing Practice and Research in China
- Population Health
- Quality Improvement
- Graduate/Masters Entry Nursing Education
- BSN, Nursing, Skidmore College, Saratoga Spring, NY
- MSN, Medical-Surgical Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- DNP, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- State of Ohio, Registered Professional Nurse
- NLN, Certified Nurse Educator
- Fellow, NLN Academy of Nursing Education
- Visiting Faculty, Wuhan University School of Health Science
Recent Publications (since 2014)
- Lindell, D., Hagler, D., & Poindexter, K. (2017) “PhD or DNP: Defining the path to your career destination.” American Nurse Today, 12 (2): 36-39. (Invited by editor).
- Lindell, D., Hagler, D., & Poindexter, K. (2016) Career options for nurse educators: Academic nurse educator. American Nurse Today: 2017 Education Guide, 11(9):8-9.
- *Jaffe, L., Lindell, D., & Sullivan, A. , Huang, G (2016) Optimizing the learning environment to teach critical thinking: Qualitative analysis of interviews with expert teachers. Teaching & Learning in Medicine, submitted November, 2016.
- *Rosciano, A, Lindell, D., Dimarco, M, & Bryer, J. (2016) “Nurse Practitioners’ Use of Intuition”. Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 12(8), 560-565.
- *Su, Jingjing., Lindell, D. (2016) "Promoting the Menstrual Health of Adolescent Girls in China". Nursing and Health Sciences, on-line doi: 10.1111/nhs.12295
- Lindell, D., Poindexter, K., & Hagler, D. (2016) “Becoming a Healthcare Simulation Educator”. American Nurse Today 11:5 (58-59).
- *Huang, G., Lindell, D., Jaffe, L. & Sullivan, A. (2016) “A Multi-Site Study of Strategies to Teach Critical Thinking: Tell Me What You Think”, Medical Education 201610.1111/medu.12937
- *Hlabse, M., Dowling, D., Lindell, D., Underwood, P., Barsman, S. (2016) “Supports and Barriers to Successful Progression in a DNP Program: Students’ Perspectives”. Nurse Educator, 41(5), 256-261.doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000251
- *Raunick, C, Lindell, D, Morris, D., & Backman, T (2015) “Vicarious trauma among sexual assault nurse examiners”. The Journal of Forensic Nursing CE Feature.11:3 (123-128). DOI: 10.1097/JFN.0000000000000085
- Lindell, D., Hagler, D., Poindexter, K. (2015) “Your Path to Becoming a Nurse Educator” American Nurse Today: Vol. 10 No. 5.
- Poindexter, K., Hagler, D., & Lindell, D. (2015) “Designing authentic assessment: strategies for nurse educators.” Nurse Educator.Jan-Feb; 40(1):36-40. doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000091
- *Brown, S., Lindell, D., Dolansky, M. & Garber, J. (2014) Nurses’ professional values and attitudes toward collaboration with physicians”. Nursing Ethics, Mar;22(2):205-16. doi: 10.1177/0969733014533233. Epub 2014 May 30.
- Hagler, D., Poindexter, K., & Lindell, D. “Integrating your experience and opportunities to prepare for nurse educator certification” Nurse Educator, 2014 Jan-Feb;39(1):45-8. doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000002.
- *Swickard, S., Swickard, Reimer, A., & Lindell, D. (2014) "Application of the AACN Synergy Model to Critical Care Transport". Critical Care Nurse 34(1): 16-28, doi: 10.4037/ccn2014573.