Elizabeth Madigan, PhD, RN, FAAN
Independence Foundation Professor
- Home Health Care Issues
- Use of technology to improve chronic disease outcomes
- International Health Care Issues
- Resource Use and Patient Outcomes of Chronically Ill
- Health Services Research
- Principal investigator, Development of a Behavioral Observation Instrument for Teamwork and Collaboration in Pre-licensure Nursing Students to Support Quality and Safety Education in Nursing Education. National League for Nursing Nancy Langston and Ruth Corcoran Research in Nursing Education Award, August 1, 2013 through July 30, 2015, $25,000.
- Co-principal investigator, Bridges to the Doctorate in Nursing for Northeastern Ohio, National Institute of General Medical Sciences, 1R25GM111515-01A1, September 4, 2015 through August 331, 2020, :$1,145,410
- Home Health Care Clinical and Administrative Practice
- Evidence Based Practice in Home Health Care
- Research Methodology
- BSN, Nursing, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
- MSN, Nursing, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- PhD, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Madigan, E. A. & Kenneley, I. L. (2015). Barriers and Facilitators to provision of Influenza and Pneumococcal Vaccine in Home Health Care Agencies. Home Health Care Management and Practice, 27, 13-17.
- Holland, D.E., Vanderboom, C.E., Lohse, C.M., Mandrekar, J., Targonski, P.V. & Madigan, E.A. (2015.) Exploring Indicators of Use of Costly Health Services in Adults with Multiple Chronic Conditions. Professional Case Management, 20, 3-11.
- Madigan, E. A. (2015). Partnering with home health care agencies to improve care transitions. Nursing Management, 46, 8, 6-8.
- Davitt, J. K., Madigan, E. A., Rantz, M. & Skemp, L. (2016). Aging in community: Developing a more holistic approach to enhance older adults’ well-being. Research in Gerontological Nursing, 9, 6-13.
- Reimer, A.P., Schiltz, N., Koroukian S.M., & Madigan, E. (2016). National incidence of medical transfer: Patient characteristics and regional variation. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 38, (4) 509-528.
- Andrew P. Reimer, Alex Milinovichb, Elizabeth A. Madigan. Data Quality Assessment Framework to Assess Electronic Medical Record Data for use in Research. Original Research Article International Journal of Medical Informatics, available online 24 March 2016, Pages
- For a full list of publications visit