Patricia E. McDonald, PhD, RN
- African Americans with Diabetes
- Acceptance of Chronic Illness
- Health Promotion of Caregivers
- Principal Investigator-Minority Supplement, "Teaching Acceptance to Chronically Ill Older Adults,"
- Parent Grant "Teaching Resourcefulness to Chronically Ill Older Adults," Jaclene Zauszniewski, Principal Investigator, National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health R01-NR04428.
- Principal Investigator, "The Beauty for Ashes Project: A Church-Based Diabetes Care Program for African-Americans," Ohio Board of Regents.
- Visiting Professor, University of Zimbabwe, Department of Nursing Science, Harare, Zimbabwe, Africa
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- BSN, Nursing, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- MSN, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- PhD, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, Henry Ford Health Systems, Detroit, MI
McDonald, P. E. (2016). Lean on Me (Selected to be included in the Narrate Provost Scholars). Think: The magazine of Case Western Reserve University (vol. Fall/Winter 2016, pp. 28-31).
- Parks, M. D., Morris, D. L., Kolcaba, K., & McDonald, P. E. (2015). An evaluation of patient comfort during acute psychiatric hospitalization. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, doi: 10.1111/ppc.12134.
- Barber, D., Gary, F. A., McDonald, P. E., Andrews, C. M., & Barber, J., & Xu, J. (2015). Co-morbid Illness in dual diagnosed methadone maintenance individuals. Journal of Best Practices in Health Professions Diversity: Research, Education, and Policy, 8(1), 1020-1035. ISBN 987-0-9794409-0-8 / ISBN 0-9794409-0-4 @ 2007-2015 Winston-Salem University.
- Folan, P., Savrin, C., & McDonald, P. E. (2014). Characteristics of smokers with type 2 diabetes. Appl Nurs Res, 27(1), 72-77. doi: 10.1016/j.apnr.2013.11.007
- McDonald, P. E., Zauszniewski, J. A., Bekhet, A. (2011). Psychometric properties of a measure of acceptance of long-standing health problems. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 32(7), 416-423.