Flight Nursing Summer Camp
Flight Nursing Summer Camp 2017
July 15-19, 2017
This is our 15th annual conference dedicated to the specialty of Critical Care Transport. The experience is focused on providing a collection of topics for both experienced flight crews, as well as those aspiring to join a critical care transport team in the future.
We are excited to partner with the Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association (ASTNA) to incorporate their Transport Professional Advanced Trauma Provider Course (TPATC) into our program this year. TPATC is a three-day educational experience focused on care of the trauma patient during initial resuscitation and transport. Course fee includes taking the certification exam during the week, if you choose to do so.
The final two days of the course includes an intensive cardiac device lecture and interactive lab, medical helicopter crash survivor story, and experience in our helicopter flight simulator. This week long event is meant for Paramedics, Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
34 Nursing CEUs have been applied for, as well as the opportunity to obtain TPATC certification. Join us for a great week!
3-Day Course: $750
Full 5-Day Course: $1,050
Student (Enrolled Anywhere) / Military Discount:
$200 off 5-Day if register by: May 3, 2017
Course Registration Deadline: June 3, 2017
Limited to the first 20 registered/paid participants
TPATC Course Material will be sent out 6 weeks prior to the start of Flight Camp so you can come prepared for the lectures and skills labs. Successful achievement of TPATC provider status requires preparation and study, as it’s an advanced educational experience.
Location: Most summer camp events will be held on the main campus of CWRU. Events off campus will have shuttles provided. Attendees are encouraged to consider lodging on campus, as buildings are within easy walking distance, as well as food and entertainment. For more information about format, activities, and registration, please contact Michael Ruszala or Maureen Kendel.
The Dorothy Ebersbach Academic Center for Flight Nursing is supported by the FPB School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University, as part of the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Flight Nursing program.
- The annual summer camp:
- Enhances & educates the current workforce within the air-medical practice arena & promotes flight nursing
- Provides an opportunity for graduate nursing students to get specialized training in caring for critically ill and injured patients in unstructured environments
- Serves as a continuing educational format for flight nurses and transport nurses to review and renew air-medical practice skills
- Is comprised of didactic lectures and surgical skill stations encompassing human simulation, natural synthetic environments, and education in the fourth dimension, all specific to air-medical practice strategies
- View highlights from earlier summer camps.
Flight Program Contacts
Simulation + Training Coordinator:
MSN Department Assistant