MSN General Admission
Submit your online application by May 1 for all MSN majors, except Nurse Anesthesia -- submit your application for Nurse Anesthesia by June 1 for the following year. Your application will be reviewed once all of your application materials are received, including those listed below. Contact Admissions with any questions >
Admission Requirements for BSN Graduates
- Three professional recommendations
- RN licensure in Ohio
- Satisfactory scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Applicants holding an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher may request a waiver of the admission test requirement
- Completion of an accredited first professional degree program in nursing.
- Some majors and sub-specialties such as ACNP, AGACNP, PNPACNP, NNP, Flight and Anesthesia require specific work experience. Nurse Midwifery and Anesthesia require interviews. Our admissions advisors can provide you with specific information.
- A college or university statistics course equivalent to STAT 201 that includes ANOVA must be completed within 5 years of admission or prior to registering for NURS 425.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may be referred to the MSN Admissions Committee for special consideration and may be required to fulfill additional prerequisites.
See our entry options page to direct you to proper program based on your background.
Advanced Certifications are required for some MSN majors. It is expected that these advanced certifications will be obtained outside of course and clinical hours and at the student’s expense. Examples of Advanced Certifications include:
- ACLS for adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner
- PALS for pediatric acute care nurse practitioner
- NRP for neonatal nurse practitioner and midwifery
- CCRN for anesthesia
This list is not exhaustive, and requirements can change. Contact the program director for your major for the most current list of required advanced certifications.